Vodacom offer a range of open ended contracts with inclusive voice, data and sms as well as top up contracts for those that want more control over their account. Look at your historical usage to determine which package will suit your needs best. It can look a bit intimidating at first but look at the monthly subscription and see how many minutes or how much airtime value you receive and how much data is included. Look at the out-of-bundle cost of calls and data as well. Remember, you can always add a permanent or temporary data bundle to a package if necessary.
Telkom Mobile, as a late entrant to the market, was able to leapfrog technology as well as thinking. As a result, their offerings are highly data-centric. There are a number of platforms on which people can make voice over data calls and as applications such as Viber, Skype and WhatsApp become more popular, voice calling as we currently know it becomes less relevant.
I see we’ve got a new kid on the block in South Africa, yes you heard me, and the all new Blackberry Z10 smartphone is soon to land on South African soil. It has the name BlackBerry on it but it runs on a totally different operating system than we are all used to.
In this article I will attempt to compare the three most exciting new smart phones which are currently available on the South African market for consumers. The phones which I will be comparing are the Apple iPhone 5, RIM Blackberry Bold 9930 and the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Cell phones have become very much part of our life styles. We cannot go without them. We are now able to communicate to family members, friends, people from work and we can use them in case of emergencies. It is of utmost importance that you know that there is a time and place for everything. You can be considered rude if you do not have cell phone manners. In this article will I explain the top ten cell phone manners that everyone should implement in their life styles.
1. You should control your phone and not the other way around. You should know by picking up your cell phone in the middle of a conversation will implement that the person on the phone is more important than the one you are speaking to. If that is not the case then you should not pick up the phone. You can always get back to them.
2. Try to speak softly when speaking on the phone. People always tend to start shouting on the phone, especially if there are some background noises. Remember that the person on the other side of the line is not trying to avoid your background noises; you are, so remember to tone it down when you are around other people.
3. Think of the people around you. Rather switch you phone of if you are with important people. It does not look nice when your phone is constantly ringing, even though you are not going to pick it up.
4. It is important that you watch your language, especially when you are in the public. It is hard to ignore someone who is constantly swearing over the phone. So always keep that in mind.
5. Do not speak about your personal problems over the phone when around other people. Firstly can it embarrass you and secondly can it become very uncomfortable for the people around you.
6. When you are with people and you have to talk, don’t just pick up the phone. Ask if you can be excused and walk away from the people.
7. It is important that you switch your phone of when you are in a restaurant, theatre or a place of worship. You have to respect the other people around you.
8. Never text during a meeting or a class. It is distracting for you and for others around you. You can miss a lot of important information when distracted by a phone.
9. Avoid texting personal or confidential information. You should know that messages can be forwarded to other numbers. Rather wait until you can speak privately. You can be embarrassed or you can leak out highly confidential information.
10. DO NOT PHONE AND DRIVE AT THE SAME TIME! You should know that your life and others lives are at danger. Your concentration level is not what it should be when using your phone without a handless phone system while you are driving. It can cause accidents which can lead to injury or death. It is against the law if you weren’t aware of it already.
We all know that we cannot go without our cell phones nowadays. It has become part of our modern society. There is one question though that scientists are still trying to figure out, and that is; can a cell phone give you brain cancer? In this article will I explain what scientists have figured out regarding this fact or myth.
In the modern world that we live in today, is it clear that cell phones has become one of the most popular necessities in our lives. Consumers want their phones to do every possible available function, may it be calling, texting, mailing, internet browsing or taking pictures. It is important nowadays to keep in touch with people, may it be for business or personal. It is important that you know that all these functions can use up a lot of your battery life. A poor cell phone battery can be very frustrating and is thus one of the most common problems of cell phones of today.
We are all aware of all the different service providers in South Africa. We also know that they offer very good deals on the latest cell phones, but our monthly phone bills are not what we always expect. There are thus ways to reduce your phone bills by hundreds of rands. All you need to do is some research in order to monitor your cell phone bills. In this article will I give some handy tips to ensure that you save money at the end on every month, and we all know how important it is to save money nowadays.
With mobile telecommunications imbedded in the workplace in modern society, is it important that you know what impact it has on our businesses in South Africa. It is clear that cell phones have made work more productive and sufficient. In this article will I explain how cell phones are having a positive influence on our businesses of today.
We have seen over the past few years that cell phones are not a luxury anymore for kids, but indeed a necessity. Nowadays is it good to know that you can get hold of your kids when they are not around, and they can let you know if they run into some trouble. Whit all the advantages of cell phones and kids, is it of utmost importance that you are an aware of the few drawbacks. In this article will I give some good advice for parents and what they should teach their kids regarding their cell phones.