Cell phones have become very much part of our life styles. We cannot go without them. We are now able to communicate to family members, friends, people from work and we can use them in case of emergencies. It is of utmost importance that you know that there is a time and place for everything. You can be considered rude if you do not have cell phone manners. In this article will I explain the top ten cell phone manners that everyone should implement in their life styles.
1. You should control your phone and not the other way around. You should know by picking up your cell phone in the middle of a conversation will implement that the person on the phone is more important than the one you are speaking to. If that is not the case then you should not pick up the phone. You can always get back to them.
2. Try to speak softly when speaking on the phone. People always tend to start shouting on the phone, especially if there are some background noises. Remember that the person on the other side of the line is not trying to avoid your background noises; you are, so remember to tone it down when you are around other people.
3. Think of the people around you. Rather switch you phone of if you are with important people. It does not look nice when your phone is constantly ringing, even though you are not going to pick it up.
4. It is important that you watch your language, especially when you are in the public. It is hard to ignore someone who is constantly swearing over the phone. So always keep that in mind.
5. Do not speak about your personal problems over the phone when around other people. Firstly can it embarrass you and secondly can it become very uncomfortable for the people around you.
6. When you are with people and you have to talk, don’t just pick up the phone. Ask if you can be excused and walk away from the people.
7. It is important that you switch your phone of when you are in a restaurant, theatre or a place of worship. You have to respect the other people around you.
8. Never text during a meeting or a class. It is distracting for you and for others around you. You can miss a lot of important information when distracted by a phone.
9. Avoid texting personal or confidential information. You should know that messages can be forwarded to other numbers. Rather wait until you can speak privately. You can be embarrassed or you can leak out highly confidential information.
10. DO NOT PHONE AND DRIVE AT THE SAME TIME! You should know that your life and others lives are at danger. Your concentration level is not what it should be when using your phone without a handless phone system while you are driving. It can cause accidents which can lead to injury or death. It is against the law if you weren’t aware of it already.